28. September bis 7. Oktober 2018

Capitol

LICHTROUTEN Site Capitol
Wilhelmstr. 56

Opened in 1919 as the „Metropole-Theater“, the cinema was initially known for its simple furnishings. In 1964 the „Capitol“, renamed in 1928, was temporarily closed until it was reopened in 1988 as the „New Capitol“.  However, the success of the dance bar failed to materialise, so that it had to be closed again in 1991. Since 2015, the „Capitol“ has been known as a cooking school in Lüdenscheid.

LR18_Capitol 01 Frankie Macaulay

HISTORY

Since 2015 | Culinary school „Capitol“
since 1991 | Closed, various reopening attempts
1988 | Reopening as „Neues Capitol“
1964 | Closing
1928 | Renamed „Capitol“
1919 | Opening of the „Metropol-Theater“

LINKS

allekinos.com
filmtheater.square7.ch
come-on.de/rundgang-durch-alt-luedenscheid