LICHTROUTEN Side St. Joseph/Medardus Kirche
Jokuschstr. 12 _ 58511 Lüdenscheid
The St. Joseph and Medardus Church was designed from 1883 to 1885 by the architect Arnold Guldenpfennig and built in the North German brick Gothic style. The tower of the church with a height of 54.15 meters was built between 1924 and 1927 as an extension. After its completion the bells were consecrated in 1927. However, these had to be melted down in the course of the Second World War 1942 due to armament purposes. Today the church has a four-part special bronze bells instead of bells.
In 1986 the church was included in the list of monuments of the city of Lüdenscheid. The patron saint of the church is also the patron saint of the city of Lüdenscheid: St. Medardus.
1986 | Inclusion in the monument list of the city of Lüdenscheid
1942 | Destruction of bells in World War II.
1927 – 1980 | Consecration of the bells
1924 – 1927 | Extensions
1883 – 1885 | Built by the architect Arnold Güldenpfennig